Wood County, Wisconsin

Official Website

User Icon Login

Mental Health and AODA Commitments or Settlement Agreements

Following a Chapter 51 Emergency Detention, a judge may place an individual on either a settlement agreement or a commitment order through the court process. A representative from the Human Services Department will be assigned to follow an individual through the duration of their settlement or commitment order to ensure that they are following through with treatment recommendations and to offer support and resources.

For more information about the court process following a Chapter 51 Emergency Detention, read the Chapter 51 Court Proceedings Guide (PDF).

For more immediate information, please contact Crisis Services and see Wisconsin Statute Chapter 51.